Monday, July 26, 2010

California Dreamin'

After a marathon drive to Milwaukee and an early morning flight, we have arrived in California. We were able to spend time with Michael's family and see the newest addition, Jack Jordan Bradley!


On Friday, we headed up Pacific Coast Highway to Santa Barbara. Michael was racing on Escape in the Fiesta Cup. One of the crew was unable to race on Saturday so I filled in! It was my first time to race and I was really nervous. I didn't want to make any mistakes and cost us spots. I was in charge of "furling the jib" (basically pulling in one of the sails), getting the kite down (grabbing the big sail in the front and pulling it down below), and hiking (hanging over the rail). I am proud to say that I did a good job and everyone was very complementary. We ended up finishing 6th on the day, which wasn't exactly where they wanted to be. The regular crew was back on Sunday and Escapade ended up finishing 4th overall.


Tomorrow we are flying back to the Midwest, with a pitstop in Chicago and driving up to Traverse City, MI. I am sad to leave California, but the road calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment