Monday, August 2, 2010

The Big Winner

After a fun weekend in Harbor Springs, we are off to Sandusky, OH. The weather wasn't cooperating on Saturday and the team ended up sitting around waiting to see if there was going to be enough wind to sail. They cancelled racing for the rest of the day around 3pm, so the team decided to play Putt Putt. It had definitely been a while since I picked up a golf club, but figured I'd give it a shot. The course was Pirate themed and I ended up having the lowest score of the whole group. I even managed a hole in one on one hole (which was total luck).


After hitting the links, we came back to the team house for dinner and decided to play cards. Everyone was fond of Hearts, which I had only learned to play that morning. We had a Hearts tournament and I made it into the final round, along with Michael, Kip the owner, and Whitt a fellow sailor. Everyone was pretty competitive and Michael was ahead by 10 points going into the last hand. I decided to go big or go home, and ended up shooting the moon to win the entire game! I did feel a bit bad for beating everyone (again) but it was all in good fun.

Now we are headed to Sandusky, where Michael will be sailing his Laswer in the Great Lake Championships. This will be a gear up for the big one - the U.S. Nationals in Milwaukee.

No comments:

Post a Comment